Saturday, December 27, 2014

*A year in pictures - 2014 edition*

Not one to break tradition, here's my skating year in pictures for 2014 - hope you enjoy!

I'd love to see some of your favourite pictures from your skating year so please do share them in the comments or on Facebook.

I actually haven't taken many skating photos this year (maybe partly because I've had a lot of time off the ice due to injuries). Must fix this in 2015!

At the end of March, I got a fantastic opportunity (through the work I do) to go to the Dancing On Ice live tour's opening night and also the after party. I took along a friend and we had a great time. I have so many pictures from the night but here are a few of my favourites:






I also quite like this one from March, which is me mid-3 jump. I loved this picture because it makes my 3 jump look much higher than it actually is ;-)





In June, a photographer from work happened to be at the ice rink covering a story and he was kind enough to snap a bunch of photos of me and a friend as we practised.


The quality of his photos was amazing so I was super pleased to have them - unfortunately, out of about 50, only a handful are halfway decent because the quality of my skating was shocking! (It was also a very busy session and the ice was mush). These are some of the ones I liked.



In August, I went to the NISA Adult Development skate camp at Sheffield, which was fab. Great times with great friends (and made some new ones too - girls who skate at my rink but who I hadn't got to know previously, and one from a rink nearby). Not a lot of photos (too busy having fun!) but this sums up the fun we had!


And we had these T shirts made to wear there (because we're 10 years old inside....)



And finally, to end the year on a high note, I got lots of skatey gifts this Christmas from some fabulous friends and family members. Hope Santa was good to you all too!



Here's wishing you all super skating for 2015!

2 comments:

  1. How cool that you got to go to the after-party and meet the skaters! I like the photos of you by your work photographer friend, too, you look great and have such long, beautiful hair. Sometime in the future you'll have to have a program with a layback and a ponytail so you can whip your hair around. Here's to a great skating 2015 for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Mary :-) A layback is definitely a distant dream, haha!

      Delete